NZ BAKELS TODAY
NZ Bakels today is a modern progressive Company specialising in the manufacture and distribution of high quality raw materials for the baking industry.
Today there is a range of approximately 400 products covering a full range of Baking and Pastry cooking Ingredients and a committed dedicated staff of 100.
To become a world-class manufacturer, distributor and service provider to the baking industry of New Zealand and other designated areas.
We plan to be significantly better than our competitors in all areas of our business but specifically in exceeding customer expectations, profitability, levels of innovation, manufacturing practices and information systems.
We will provide a safe, rewarding and challenging work environment for our employees.
Our customer base in New Zealand includes large and small bread and cake manufacturers, patisseries, supermarket in store bakeries, franchise bakeries, caterers, flight kitchens, hotels, restaurant chains, service station chains and cake decorators.
The market is serviced by a highly qualified sales team of bakery advisors backed by a team of specialist technical advisors. NZB also have an excellent national distribution system operating from our Despatch in Auckland and two depots in Palmerston North and Christchurch.
NZ Bakels export to a number of countries through agents, licensees, associate companies or direct to customers.
Associate companies where we export both raw materials for further manufacture and finished goods are :
- Singapore - Bakels Singapore
- Malaysia - Bakels Malaysia
- Philippines - Bakels Philippines
- Fiji - Bakels Fiji
- Australia - Australian Bakels
- Thailand - Bakels Thailand
- Indonesia - Bakels Indonesia
- China - Bakels China
- India - Indo Bakels
- USA - American Bakels In
New Caledonia, Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and other Pacific Islands, Hawaii, Japan.
The Bakels Group of companies makes donations worldwide to various funds mostly dedicated to children. NZ Bakels proudly supports the following organizations:
- Duffy Books in Homes
- Cancer Society Auckland Northland Division Inc
- Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
- CCS Disability Action
- St John Ambulance Auckland
- NZ Breast Cancer Foundation
- NZ Riding for the disabled
- The Royal New Zealand Plunket Society
- Assistance Dogs New Zealand Trust
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of NZ
- Cerebral Palsy Society of NZ