Bakers Strong Flour
- Place all ingredients in a mixer, mix for 2 minutes on slow speed, then 7-9 minutes on fast speed or until fully developed.
- Final dough temperature 28˚C.
- Bulk fermentation for 60 minutes.
- Bulk fermentation for 60 minutes at room temperature in a slightly oiled container. Cover the container with a lid or plastic.
- Scale at 450gm, mould loosely into a stick remembering to slightly taper both ends
- Place sticks on a proving cosh or French stick tray and allow another 40 to 60 minutes to dry prove.
- Once proved, give four deep cuts. Remember to have your blade/knife at a 45˚ angle.
- Pre-heat oven to 230˚C.
- Place sticks in oven (steam 10 seconds). Reduce the oven temperature to 210˚C. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Open damper/vent after 15 minutes.