1. Place Group 1 in machine bowl and develop thoroughly.
2. After mixing is complete add Group 2 and gently mix through (avoid fruit damage).
3. Dough temperature 30-31°C.
4. Allow dough to recover 5 minutes.
5. Scale and mould as desired.
6. Pipe on crosses before baking at 200°C.
Notes: Using bakers percentages - Percentages on white flour weight
For Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, replace all fruit for 1.150 kg (28%) of Chocolate chips.
For bun crosses use Bakels Cross Mix (3293) or Mastermix Choux paste (3289) and add APITO CHOCOLATE PASTE (4380) as desired.
If using Compressed Yeast, use 225 g in above recipe
Yield: 11.5 dozen buns scaled at 70 g.